Location: Denver or remote
Bring your accounting skills to a rapidly growing organization where you can make an impact, oversee a team and grow with us! Challenge yourself with complex software accounting as you continue to develop as an accounting professional.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager to join our work family and to work alongside our SVP Finance & Operations in leading the daily accounting operations.
Infinicept is a thriving, innovative, fintech company headquartered in Denver, CO seeking an ambitious, accounting professional to join our rapidly growing team. Infinicept provides all the advantages of embedded payments to vertical software companies without all the usual disadvantages. Our tools and services simplify everything from onboarding and underwriting to administration and service. Our customers have more foresight, more freedom, and more follow-through across the entire process of embedded payments. Industry leaders such as Fivestars, Patientco, and NCR all use Infinicept. With over 200 customers in 25 countries, the Infinicept platform is growing at 800% per year, and reached #95 on the Inc. 5000 list in 2020. We offer an exciting, dynamic environment, using the latest technology to shape the future. We are seeking people who want to make a difference and who thrive in a collaborative environment where success is the ultimate result.
Who You Are:
You have exceptional attention to detail. You are driven by your desire to cross every t and dot every i when it comes to all things accounting related. You are passionate about perfection when it comes to balancing and reconciling and find delight in managing finance’s day-to-day needs while supporting your team and the company at large.
What You’ll Do:
You will be part of a small but growing team that is making big waves in our growing company. You will be the key player in the successful running of our full cycle accounting process. You will help the finance and admin team reach internal goals while providing exceptional service to our external stakeholders.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities Include:
• Manage accounting team of 1-2 (and growing!) including accounts payable and billing.
• Perform and oversee the month end close process including performing adjusting and month-end journal entries, reconciliation of bank accounts and other balance sheet accounts, investigation, and resolution of outstanding items.
• Preparation of monthly financial statement package under the accrual basis of accounting.
• Oversee accounts payable including preparation of semi-monthly check runs and payments processed via credit card (moderate to high volume).
• Oversee and perform accounts receivable duties including performance of billing and client invoicing, tracking, and monitoring outstanding receivables and following up on any outstanding receivables.
• Preparation of monthly commission calculations using Excel, modifying spreadsheets based on any changes to commission calculations or compensation plans.
• Assist in the preparation of budgets and schedules for annual audits.
• Assist SVP Finance & Operations with ad hoc accounting reporting and performance of monthly financial analysis as needed or requested.
• Prior experience in an Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, or related role, overseeing accounting team members and accounting processes.
• Knowledge of GAAP accounting and accrual-based accounting including preparation of journal entries, month end close and a financial statement package.
• Proficient with MS Office products, i.e., Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong organization, written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
• Bring your process improvement experience! We will be implementing new accounting tools as we continue to grow.
• Flexibility – willing to work outside your comfort zone and wear many different hats when needed – you are joining an early-stage company.
Added Pluses (Not Required):
• Prior experience working in software accounting including specific accounting nuances (ie: ASC606 – revenue recognition for contract billing, Capitalized Development and related software accounting).
• Prior experience in a public accounting / audit role auditing SaaS software companies.
• CPA or CMA certification.
• Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor.
• Prior experience with an accounting software conversion (you may help with one in the future).
• Experience working with Xero or NetSuite accounting ERP platforms.
• Experience working in the accounting department of a SaaS company or software company.
Benefits for You:
Infinicept believes that all team members play an important role in our company’s success. That is why we strive to provide you with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program. We offer:
- Competitive salary (range: $70,000/annually – $90,000 annually)
- Growth-stage start-up opportunity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with Company match
- Flexible work from home policy
- Dog-friendly office
- A progressive, passionate work environment
- An amazing team dedicated to both the company’s mission and your success!
Infinicept Core Values:
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Excellent (but perfect is impossible)
- Have Integrity
- Act Like an Adult
- Eat and Drink Well
Work in a typical office environment with other staff speaking on phones or engaging in limited team conversation. The role will involve long periods of stationary movement and frequent use of computers and other hardware. Physical efforts to carry out job duties may include some standing, bending, lifting, limited stretching, and reaching.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, Infinicept provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Infinicept complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas currently.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.