Learn about payments and the payment facilitator model from our team of experts
Developer Experience Manager
Infinicept is a fast-growing, Denver-based startup. You will be an integral part of a small team that builds and maintains a platform that revolutionizes payment facilitation. We focus on mission-critical applications and integrations that are the engine of our business. Our systems deal with large amounts of structured data and high volumes of transactional data that ensure our customers can board and manage merchants and the customer payments that they process.
As a Developer Experience (DX) Manager with Infinicept, you will play an integral role in creating the public facing API experience of our SaaS platform. For your technical curiosity, we work in an entirely .NET stack with a mixture of ASP MVC 5/Core 3 and React JS as the front-end. We use software libraries like NServiceBus, Entity Framework, Swagger/Swashbuckle, and others. Our goal is to build highly scalable, distributed systems (transaction processing, data import/mapping, and API integrations) that form the backend of multi-tenant SaaS products.
This is a hands-on position that provides the opportunity to help shape a business that is shaping an entire industry. With your customer hat on, you’ll evaluate what it’s like to be a developer integrating to our platform. Then you’ll collaborate with Product Managers and Engineering to lay out a plan for how to transform us into the very best and most desirable platform that developers want to work with. You’ll run point on things like API documentation, endpoint rationalization, and a developer sandbox with working code snippets and scenarios to expedite Q&A and drive people to the integration finish line. If you’re looking for an amazing opportunity with a growing tech company that’s expanding its team, read on!
Who You Are:
You enjoy delivering work on your own and in collaboration with others. There is nothing too technical for you, but you also enjoy collaborating with engineering as well. You enjoy the creative challenge of designing the best solution to solve a business problem in a way that is repeatable and reusable. You’re never satisfied with what you’ve done and are constantly looking for ways to make the developer experience more delightful, efficient, reliable, and self-service. You believe in the power of small teams, and enjoy a collaborative process where requirements, design, development, QA, and deployment are everyone’s responsibility.
What You’ll Do:
- Enjoy being the “go-to” person when it comes to our API functionality. You enjoy having answers when people ask questions because you hate not knowing.
- Often find yourself moonlighting as a sales engineer and you secretly thrive on solving challenges during integrations.
- Don’t shy away from bringing new ideas to the table because you understand that innovation never stops.
- Believe in the power of small teams and enjoy a collaborative process.
- Are proficient with one or more developer portals – either off the shelf products or home grown.
- Have built out documentation standards for public facing APIs and can clearly articulate what makes up good API documentation
- Have assisted or led engineering through API modifications to create a better developer experience
- Are comfortable working in a cloud-based (Azure) environment.
- Are comfortable with the flexibility required by an early-stage company, you understand that what exists may need changed and you’re comfortable determining what should change and why.
- Are willing to learn a complex domain ecosystem – payments is not a simple world!
- Find excitement in challenging problems, aggressive ship dates, and a fast-growing company.
- Enjoy the prospect of making big decisions that will change the shape of our software.
- Enjoy brainstorming sessions with your peers, product managers, and clients and always open to feedback and learning new things
- Strong technical communicator
- 5+ years real world experience building and/or integrating with APIs
- Payments Industry Experience
- Experience with API integrations
- You’ve been a sales engineer and enjoy it!
- You’ve built or used a developer portal
- You’ve been a software engineer or like to play one on TV
- Making life easy for developers is what you enjoy most!
Benefits for You:
Infinicept believes that all team members play an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program. We offer:
- Competitive salary
- Early stage start-up opportunity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K with match
- Flexible work from home policy
- Dog-friendly office
- A progressive, passionate work environment
- An amazing team dedicated to both the company’s mission and your success!
Infinicept Core Values:
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Excellent (but perfect is impossible)
- Have Integrity
- Act Like an Adult
- Eat and Drink Well
Work in a typical office environment with other staff speaking on phones or engaging in limited team conversation. The role will involve long periods of stationary movement and frequent use of computers and other hardware. Physical efforts to carry out job duties may include some standing, bending, lifting, limited stretching, and reaching.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, Infinicept provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Infinicept complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas currently.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.